This is a quiz. These are not trick questions. Have a go….
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
4. Pear brandy is sold with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and it hasn’t been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
photo credit: Google images
5. Only three words in standard English language begin with the letters ‘ dw’ and they are all common words. Name two of them.
6. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar.
Can you name at least half of them?
7. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
8. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter ‘S.’
Answers To Quiz:
2. Niagara Falls :The rim is worn down 2 1/2 feet each year due to million gallons of water that rush over it every minute.
4. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
5. Dwarf, dwell and dwindle…
6. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar: Period, comma , colon, semicolon , dash , hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation mark, quotation mark (inverted commas), brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.
8. Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.